Before the year comes to an end, here is a new book! Ghostwood Haunts is an introductory adventure module for the Dungeon World fantasy role-playing game. This is the sequel to DW1 Lair of the Unknown.
What’s the adventure about?
In the midst of the Ghostwood, the village of Knifesbridge holds a mere few thousand souls, but trouble enough for all. A gang of bandits preys upon the local road traffic, drug addiction spreads through sleepy village streets, and corruption at the heart of municipal politics stymies all attempts to restore law and order. Worse yet, a dead witch’s ghost seeks vengeance, and a demon waits to walk once more beneath the Ghostwood’s leaves. At the crossroads between these fronts lies and old, abandoned tower, and the secrets buried beneath it will tear this village apart.
What’s it look like?
It’s 138 pages, black and white, 6×9 in print, 5.5×8.5 in pdf.
What do you get with this book?
Inside this adventure module you will find:
- Two complete fronts with three dangers each.
- NPCs for each of these six dangers, plus more to populate Knifesbridge.
- Suggested and optional scenes that further the villains evil scenes.
- Crime, political corruption, and drug addiction.
- Ghosts, witches, and a demon.
- Maps of important locations.
- Three new compendium classes: the Bounty Hunter, the Drug Addict, and the Infernalist.
- One new base class: the Magnate.
Why is DW3 the sequel to DW1, Johnstone?
That’s a good question, Johnstone! It’s because DW2 isn’t finished yet. Look for that one in March or something. [Update: DW 2 Island of Fire Mountain is done.]